- Also esthetics. Having to do with a beautiful appearance. Refers to cosmetic dentistry.
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Also called occlusion, refers to how upper and lower teeth fit together.
- Also called orthodontics or orthodontia, braces are generally composed of wires and brackets. They use tension to realign permanent teeth for better occlusion, esthetics, and/or spacing. Clear braces or aligners, such as Invisalign or Red, White, and Blue are now popular alternatives to traditional metal braces.
- Composite Resin:
- Plastic dental filling or bonding material that contains small glass or ceramic particles. Applied as a liquid and cured with a light or chemical catalyst.
- Cosmetic Dentistry:
- Also called esthetic or aesthetic dentistry. Procedures that correct imperfections in the appearance of a smile. Can include teeth whitening,veneers, etc.
- Portion of a tooth that extends above the gum line. Also refers to a lab-made restoration known as a cap. Also refers to the false tooth placed on a dental implant.
- Arrangement of teeth.
- White, hard tissue, outer layer of the portion of a tooth that extends above the gum line. Covers dentin.
- Amalgam or composite resin material that replaces tooth decay.
- Gum tissue.
- Surgical removal (reduction) of gum tissue for esthetics or crown lengthening.
- A soft mold of teeth and gums to use for fabricating prosthetics and restorations.
- Restoration made in a dental lab, then bonded into the area of a tooth between cusps. Larger and stronger than a filling, yet not as significant as a crown.
- Instant Orthodontics:
- Application of veneers to correct the appearance of misaligned front teeth for cosmetic reasons.
- Intraoral Camera:
- Small camera, usually on a "wand." Projects images from inside the mouth onto a monitor. Used for accurate diagnoses, patient education, records, and insurance claims.
- Lab-made porcelain or plastic veneer bonded to the front of a tooth.
- Misalignment of teeth that affects the bite, or how upper and lower teeth fit together.
- Also called bite, refers to how upper and lower teeth and fit together.
- Restoration made in a dental lab, then bonded into one or more cusps of a tooth. Larger and stronger than a filling, yet not as significant as a crown.
- Dental specialty that deals with alignment of teeth.
- Also called a prosthetic, refers to a false tooth or appliance such as a bridge, denture, partial, or dental implant.
- Smile Makeover:
- A treatment plan that includes various cosmetic and esthetic restorative procedures to improve the appearance of a smile.
- Teeth Whitening:
- Bleaching teeth with chemicals. Can be done in one hour with a light or with trays worn daily for about two weeks.
- Cosmetic dental treatment that involves lab-made porcelain or plastic wafers bonded to front teeth to mask chips, cracks, misalignments, or other imperfections.
Tamekia Uhlig - Great service!
Ruby Kyser - Good service; hygenist and doctor show that they're invested in their patients and care about them.
Noma Dedeaux - I was at the dentist office for a consultation. All of the staff is very friendly and proffesional. The dentist and staff explained everything to me about what was needed, why, and what the options were.
Cherry Guyton - Staff was very pleasant and knowledgeable. It was comforting to see all patients including myself being cared for so well.
Macy Riggleman - Wonderful with kids! Wonderful with big kids ( age over 40) that are not so fond of going to the dentist! We have been coming here for over 6years!
Rosalinda Behling - I'm not one to complain when I'm at a dentist appointment. Usually the appointments go well and my teeth come out undamaged. Everything goes as it should be and things never go insane.
Earnest Plath - I love Dr. Gibson so much. She's so friendly, and her team is great. She really has a gift for being a dentist! She's so advanced in all area of dental Health and knowledge of her field ! That's what sets her apart from other dentist !
Lauralee Staats - Great visit. Started on time. Fast and thorough
Rodrick Beerman - Very nice dentists!
Debbie Musso - This office and staff go above and beyond with their services. All my questions and concerns are always taken care of!
Jesusa Vallo - I was very comfortable w Mary Kay and would like to work w her again my next appt
Tricia Crampton - Had a great visit today!!!
Manuel Dublin - The staff were knowledgable, warm, as well as inviting!
Muriel Liming - Very friendly staff, Dr Gibson is an excellent dentist with a good patient/doctor demeanor.
Titus Zeman - Very pleasant staff. Very professional. Comfortable with the cosmetic approach. I feel like I'm coming for a beauty treatment.
Leif Cunningham - I chipped my front teeth awhile back and she did a wonderful job restoring my smile to perfect again.
Sheldon Cassity - Excellent dentist -- very attentive to important details, as is her staff
Nicki Duden - One word Great. They make coming to the dentis enjoyable. Will keep coming as long as they are open.
Santo Bustle - It was fun. It's like hanging out with a friend who cleans ur teeth. Haha
Rusty Makin - Overall good dentist for general dentistry and invisalign. Would recommend to anyone.
Mitzi Morrill - Great advice and experience!
Julianne Tessier - Pain free and professional.
Ena Marcoux - Professional and friendly service. Would recommend!
Michal Ferland - They were very friendly and made sure to explain everything that they were doing! If I had any questions they were answered in a way I understood.
Adelina Augustin - Great so far!
Jarred Wilk - Always a great experience. Professional and friendly staff. Dr. Gibson really cares about her patients.
Rina Hultquist - All my family go to Dr. Gibson . Every body work at the office all very nice and all way on time . I will refer my sister family to go too
Kris Cron - Love how nice I was treated today. Can't wait to come back!
Angelena Godfrey - Good experience this trip. Got in on time and the appointment was uninterrupted. The hygienist was very informative.
Danille Compo - Great overall experience. Only suggestion is if it gets busy, call/email/text with as much notice as possible would be helpful
Mellissa Rotella - Everything was done quickly and precise. I'm glad that this is my dentist
Tiana Willard - Everything was excellent
Marlen Hoyer - Very nice staff, I felt very comfortable. Thank you so much
Charla Tre - Great place to get Invisalign! Very friendly and talented staff.
Garry Croteau - Such a pleasure to see Mary Kay, Dr. Gibson and the staff. My dental needs are always met.
Clemmie Paddock - Dr. Gibson is awesome so is her assistant.
Sima Sheroan - It was very comfortable and easy. I was able so sit back and relax.
Kate Vigliotti - Very accommodating and quick. Thank you.
Hilde Kidd - Experience was comfortable. Megan was very kind. Dr. Gibson very friendly, but be mindful of talk time. The high tech office is great.
Jeanie Pavone - Very professional and was concerned about my well being.
Welcome to Smiles By Dr. Gibson
Where every patient is treated like our only patient.
Top 10 Reasons Why Patients Choose Dr. Gibson
Dr. Gibson has more 5 star reviews than any dentist in Illinois (800+)Read More Testimonials
Dr. Gibson will beat any Naperville new patient special offer - guaranteed and is an In-Network PPO provider! Find Out More
Dr. Gibson offers non-insured patients an "Extreme Dental Discount Club" card - 30% off all FFS general dentistry, plus more. Find Out More
Dr. Gibson was chosen by the Naperville Sun as their dental column expert.Discover More
Dr. Gibson was the 2016 - 2017 President of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (7000 members)
Dr. Gibson is 1 of only 12 Illinois Dentists, to pass and achieve the difficult AACD Accreditation status.
Dr. Gibson was awarded Fellowship status with the International Academy For Dental Facial Esthetics (IADEE)
Dr. Gibson loves kids, earning a degree in early childhood psychology recognized for her work with autism and special needs children.
Dr. Gibson was awarded an Adjunct Professorship with Tufts University Dept of Prosthodonctics and Operative Dentistry.
Dr. Gibson has many celebrity patients, but she treats every patient like our only patient, never a number.